Common Room Committee, Final Report 2018:
Basically we're done!
- In June, budget of $22,000 approved, with half to come from Monthly Meeting and half from Trustees.
- Late summer, generous members contributed $10,000 so that project could be completed with minimal impact on Monthly Meeting coffers.
- As of 12/8/17, our treasurer reports that actual expenditures total $25,340.
- $10,000 from donation; $11,000 from Trustees; and $4,340.35 from Monthly Meeting
There are a couple of "loose ends" in process:
- sofa—simple Ikea design, with grey washable slipcovers, total ca $600.
- rehanging artwork. "Quaker aesthetic"—simple, not busy. As in past, all artwork relates to Quakerism in general or to this meeting. Not all will be up at the same time.
A certificate prepared when the CR was dedicated in 1983 hangs over the meeting calendar reminding us:
"May we use this new facility in witnessing in the community for those beliefs to which Friends are committed."
We thank committee members Candace Shattuck, Mark Beck, Bill Lane, John Schreiner and Joan Wetmore as well as the many committees who worked on various components of this project. Property and Grounds committee members in particular were involved in much of this work.
Finally, the committee requests that, its work completed, this committee be "laid down" as of the end of the year, with recognition that a few items may not be completed until the new year. Approved with commendations and thanks.