Overseers Annual Report,
Calendar Year 2018
In 2018 the Pastoral Care Committee included the following members: co-clerks Dona Sorce and Nancy Robbins, Larny Claggett, Lorraine Claggett, Marsie Hawkinson, Connie Lewis, Adrienne Rudge, Tom Corl, and Dawn Atwater.
In 2018, the Pastoral Care Committee met on the last Sunday of each monthduring the months of January, February, March, April, May, August, September, October, and November. The primary focus of monthly committee meetings was the sharing of concerns for individual members and discussion regarding how the committee might reach out to offer support and expressions of care. During the year, Pastoral Care Committee members reached out to individual members with phone calls, cards, and home, hospital, and nursing home visits.
The Pastoral Care Committee is charged with conducting meetings for Clearness with attenders seeking membership with the Meeting as well as marriage under the care of the meeting. Additionally, meetings for clearness are offered to members and attenders seeking clearness on weighty issues. In 2018, therewas one request for membership and one request for a meeting for clearness related to the expansion of the First Day School.
The Pastoral Care Committee organized and/or assisted with efforts for the following membership activities in 2018:
- The annual NewMembers and Attenders Lunch
- The annual Fall Community Picnic
- The annual Holiday celebration with First Day School
- The Friendly 8s gathering
- Presentation on Quaker resources for aging Quakers, by George Schafer, from PYM
- Presentation by Talbot Hospice onend of life and estate planning
- Collaboration with Worship and Ministry on education regarding purpose and process of Clearness meeting, followed by a demonstration of the clearness process.
- Collaboration with Outreach Committee to create name tags for Meeting members and attenders.