Pastoral Care Annual Report for 2021
The Pastoral Care Committee of Third Haven works to provide and maintain a caring meeting community.
During 2021 the committee was represented by the following members: Dona Sorce (clerk), Adrienne Rudge (co-clerk), Lorraine Claggett, Connie Crow, Marsie Hawkinson, Katherine Johnson, Dee Rein, John Schreiner, and Bill Schauer.
In addition to ongoing efforts to reach out and maintain regular communication and support with individual members and attenders, as well as helping new attenders become familiar with Quaker practice, the Pastoral Care Committee sponsored the following activities during 2021:
- One clearness meeting for the purpose of membership reinstatement for Mary Yancey.
- Coordination of a clearness meeting for Sarah Claggett and Tim Nowicky, seeking marriage under the care of the Meeting.
- Assistance with the Memorial Services for: Sally Vermilye, Ken Carroll, MK Shean, Susan Dickinson, and Jane Escher.
- Assistance to family members seeking to memorialize loved ones on the 3rd Haven grounds.
- Assistance to a family in need of housing.
- Focused support for members struggling with the loss of loved ones.
- Focused support for members who are unable to participate in the Meeting.
- Coordination of monthly meetings for Holding in the Light with Attention to Healing.
- Coordination of a half-day presentation for Pastoral Care and Worship and Care committee members on Quaker Eldership, conducted by George Schafer from the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
- Annual and regular updates to the directory of members and attenders.
- Collaboration with First Day School with the annual children's Christmas program.
- Revisions to the "Becoming a Member" pamphlet as well as the Pastoral Care section of the Third Havem website.
- Revision of name tags and creation of new name tags for new attenders.